September 17, 2013

Sg Congkak

Camping's been part of my life ever since I've joined the Boys' Brigade. I've been to quite many camps now but there's always a new adventure waiting ahead. So this time we went to Sg Congkak, Ulu Langat for a 2D1N camp. Sg Congkak is a rather easy campsite which is perfect particularly when we are bringing juniors up this time. Oh did I mentioned that I've been here for 3 times already. Haha :D

We went there in 3 cars along with members from the 12th KL Company and it took us around an hour to reach the main entrance. Our campsite was further inside and we were supposed to walk there. Luckily I was one of the drivers this time and I get the privilege to drive my car straight to our campsite.

When we arrived at our campsite, the first thing we had to do was the clear the area and gather as much firewood as possible. We had some games after that and then comes the best part of camping - building fire to cook our own lunch. I had to admit that building fire isn't something easy but it's interesting to see how they tried (and most of the time fail) to build their own fire. Haha.. In the end, the officers had to help them out cause time was running out. After lunch, we pitch our tents and then it was time to get wet! we went water trekking in the river. I've done this a few times before but it's still challenging walking against the flow. We had fun playing in the water before returning to our campsite to prepare dinner.


Today's dinner was spaghetti! Yay.. well with no meatballs and insufficient sauce but who cares cause everyone's darn hungry by then. What they did not know was that our captain had bought KFC for us while they still indulge in the delicious spaghetti. Haha.. At last, I took out the KFC for them and everyone had a share of it. The sky was getting dark and we sang some songs and played some games. It started to rain not long after that and we all rushed into our tents. I initially decided to sleep outside cause it was much cooler before it started to rain. I realized that there was no shelter for me so I rushed into my car. In the end, I spent the whole night sleeping in my car. Haha.. Don't know if this is camping or car-ping xD

The next morning, we had pancakes and mushroom soup for breakfast. We cleared our campsite and were given some time to play in the river. We left the campsite at about 12pm. I'll always love camping :)